Thursday, July 14, 2011

Clumsy

Currently making a big deal of this
Sprained toe :( boohoo.  I can't even tell you how many toes and fingers I have sprained.  During softball one year, I actually counted that I had 7 sprained knuckles at one time, and that was just from practice.  This injury was the result of me unintentionally kicking a ten pound dumbbell.  Yay me!  I usually get my toes caught on corners of walls and dressers and such, resulting in an avalanche of unintelligible screeches and moans.  I've never been one to swear, I don't even have to think about it, the words of pain that exit me are "mwaaaaggg" geeeeee" ughamamama".  Followed by silence, where I try to will the pain away.  I don't know why I am so clumsy.  Just yesterday, I was out for a jog ( ok, I mostly walked, but during this story I was actually jogging) and I rolled my ankle... ... on nothing.  The tendons and ligaments in my ankle just decided to stop working so I could try to continue jogging on my lower shin.  I have rolled my ankle three times now since we arrived in Alaska.  Once was right out the front door, and another at a gas station, where I proceeded to smash my arm in to the hood of a poor unsuspecting chevy blazer.  My shoulder still hasn't healed.  But enough whining!  I'm really not in much pain, but I do wonder how I haven't seriously hurt myself over the years.
Hope its nice (and pain-free) where you are!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! I feel like I am always stubbing my toes on everything, it it so painful! Philip doesn't understand how I do it so often.... I have no answer for him. Hey... remember that time you almost fell at Dairy Queen when we first met you? That was fun :) Miss you and hope to skype soon! Angela

    ReplyDelete